.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christopher's Windy City Weblog

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Teaching on the South Side: The First Day of School

The best thing I can say about the first day of school: it's over. Not that today was in any way hellish (although at times it was), but mostly because this day is a huge hurdle/ milestone for any new teacher, it's over, I'm still alive and I'm still sane. Point one for Christopher.

In a nutshell: I got to school early, I was as confused as any new student, I still managed to help my new students (and parents) find their way around, I stayed late to clean my room (long story for later), I spent more time tangled in traffic in my neighborhood in my quest to buy colored chalk than I did on the Dan Ryan, and now, after some yoga, some frozen pizza, and a little planning for tomorrow, I'm going to bed.

More about the snafus of the first day in a later post, when writing won't leave me too sleep-deprived.

But hey, I'm alive and sane: that counts for something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home