.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christopher's Windy City Weblog

Monday, November 07, 2005

Attrition

The Achievement Academy has been short three math teachers--two for the freshmen, one for the sophomores--since September 6, when school started. We got by on subs for a while, and then, three weeks ago, a new sophomore math teacher was finally hired.

He quit last week.

Apparently, he left a voicemail in the main office at 5:30 a.m. last Thursday: I'm not coming in today, and I'm not coming back, period.

On the one hand, I feel like some kind of Iron Man: I've mangaed to last here for over a year.

On the other hand, I'm envious of what must be a more peaceful time in his life. This Iron Man is getting rusty, and his frequent attempts at polish are getting harder and harder to maintain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home