.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christopher's Windy City Weblog

Monday, May 08, 2006

The Christopher Cadre

As a huge Joss Whedon fan, I keep up with the fan blog Whedonesque, on which other Joss, um, enthusiasts like me keep up with all things Joss, like the new Wonder Woman Trailer.

It was probably Joss's creation and development of Buffy the Vampire Slayer that eventually led to his being tapped by Paramount to script the new Wonder Woman movie, and his success and both writer and director of Serenity that led to him being given the director's reins of WW, as well.

So Joss, and Wonder Woman, is a hot property in Hollywood right now, and it seems that She of the Golden Lasso is the role to get for young actresses these days. The script hasn't even been turned in to the studio yet, but that hasn't stopped casting rumors from running wild (for my money, I'd like to see former Firefly regular Morena Baccarin in the role).

Some sources conjecture that Whedon will opt for a young unknown to play the coveted role, and that has prompted one Atlanta actress to put together her own "cast me! cast me!" Wonder Woman Promotional Trailer.

Kudos to Clarke Wolfe for her enthusiasm and verve. Who knows, maybe she'll start a trend. But by far the BEST thing about this trailer is the crazy guy in the "newscast" at the end, none other than my old college buddy and fellow Star Wars geek Chris Burns!

After watching this trailer, I still want Morena Baccarin to play Wonder Woman, but I just as certainly think Joss should give Burns a role. Something evil. He'd like that.

1 Comments:

  • Richardson! Love you man! Burns just forwarded your blog to me - how cool. Sorry/glad to hear that the public school thing did not work out (have to read some of your old posts to catch up). The blog is awesome and so glad to be able to check out what you have been up to. Keep up the wicked work!

    Love Shawn Marie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home