.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christopher's Windy City Weblog

Friday, August 03, 2007

Still Officially a Geek

It’s always nice to wake up and read an email that reaffirms your place in the world. In this case, it was an email from my sister:

Hey Geek-Squad,

I am typing this from my own computer--I somehow got the thing to connect! I was up early, mad about the computer, so I decided to try it again. I went back to the beginning and installed the NetGear card. It took me through installation differently than it did last night, and then it found the wireless network. With your help last night I was able to figure some things out this morning, and voila! Internet access! Thanks for your help. Don't put away your pocket protector just yet. . . . You really did help me figure this out, and your idea for the NetGear card was brilliant!

If my younger sister says I’m brilliant, it must be true, and it makes me happy. Hell, I’d be happy even if she hadn’t said I’m brilliant—I was right about the NetGear card! My geek instincts have been vindicated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home