.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christopher's Windy City Weblog

Sunday, November 13, 2005

"Virgil" update

Remember that student who refused to give me his cell phone, the one I called "Virgil"? Well, my worries that his refusal would undermine my authority seem to have been largely unfounded. The students who refuse to heed my authority would do so (and do) even if they didn't witness Virgil's defiance. The students who would respect my authority anyway still respect it.

Also, Virgil is in jail. Or the juvenile school where they handcuff students to the desks. If there is even a difference. He's been there for almost two months. I can't say the lack of Virgil in my class has made my class a paradise, but his absence has meant I have one less defiant and/or apathetic student to clash wills with on a daily basis.

I hear he's coming back when he gets out. That should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home