.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christopher's Windy City Weblog

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Dan Ryan Dread

Massive lane reductions for construction on the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-94) start in March. I take the DR to and from work every day. Half hour in the morning, 45 minutes to an hour coming back.

Halving the lanes (from six to three in each direction) suggests a doubling of travel time. I could avoid the expressway altogether and take Halsted all the way from my place to school, but the times I've done that in the past, the trip took an hour or more.

I'm gonna hate March. And April. And May. And half of June.

1 Comments:

  • Ummm, I think you might be a bit optimistic here. You'll also likely dread July, August, September and the better part of October.

    Best set your expectations thusly and leave the potential of being pleasantly surprised open.

    --Chris

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home