.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Christopher's Windy City Weblog

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Shoved

Today was actually a good day. Classes were running more or less smoothly, some learning was actually occurring. Not a lot, but some.

And then came 7th period.

Mitchell walks in with his CD player. I ask him to put it away. He sits down, keeps listening to it. It’s sitting on his desk, in plain view, so I grab it. He clutches at it. I say “You want to fight about this until it breaks or give it to me?” He lets go, puts his left hand on my chest, and shoves. It was like a mosquito shoving a boulder, but still, Mitchell put his hand on my chest and shoved me in anger.

I spent most of the next 90 minutes in the police room on the first floor, filing a police report and talking with Mitchell’s mother.

He’s not a bad kid, really, he just . . . but still, I can’t have students shoving me with impunity, so I filed a police report.

Interestingly enough, however, he wasn’t led away in handcuffs, which I fully expected. I think someone dropped the ball on this one, but I’ll find out more tomorrow. At the very least Mitchell needs a few days suspension.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home